Movintech sells special deep field electromagnets for handling all types of bundles and packs of ferromagnetic material from 6 to 24 meters in length.
During the design phase, the weight of the magnets and the crossbeam is taken into great consideration in order to maximize the capacity of the lifting equipment. They are mainly used in the following applications:
• Electromagnetic crossbeams for Evacuation production of rebar for reinforced concrete, laminates, drawn bars, profiles and pipes (including hot materials).
• Magnetic crossbeam for Loading and unloading trucks, railway wagons or ships
• Magnetic crossbeams for Warehouses
Electromagnets in the evacuation of these long materials becomes more rational with the use of fewer people and a high degree of safety for the staff members themselves who are no longer required to approach the load or climb on it.
Handling with magnets makes it useless to position spacers between the bundles or single beams stored in the stalls; it is also possible to reduce or eliminate the free spaces between the stalls by increasing the available space in the warehouse.
The electromagnets are suspended from the crossbeam by means of chains that allow to adapt to the countless irregularities of the bundles.
Depending on the need, the electromagnets are designed with more active polarities thus obtaining high safety standards.
The main characteristics of our electromagnets are as follows:
• Magnetic circuit made of high permeability laminated steel with deep welds,
• External steel casing
• Aluminium or electrolytic copper winding
• Class C insulation (220°C)
• Thermal insulation (for heat resistant version only);
• Suspension with 4 leg chain made of Grade 80 steel.
The Electromagnets normally under fixed or multiple-arrangement crossbeams or extendable crossbeams allow, by adjusting the distance of the external magnets to adapt to the lengths of the bundles.
Considering the fact that handling with a single hook is especially difficult and requires the presence of an additional operator on the ground, it is advisable to handle the bundles with a 2-descent crane that allows the magnets to remain parallel to the load and prevents any oscillation.
The electromagnets are powered:
• from the mains by means of our electronic equipment with four quadrant digital converter with possibility of fluxomagnetic regulation, counter-excitation that allows a quicker release of the load, control of the winding temperature by means of current thresholds (useful especially for electromagnets in anti-heat version), automatic battery intervention system, buffer batteries (Pb or Ni-Cd), automatic recharging system and constant monitoring of the state of charge of the batteries.
Movintech always carries out handling operations using electromagnets – for any load, from scrap to laminates.
The lifting system with magnets is perfect for safety